Monday, August 29, 2005

Life in LA (part 1)

As a blogging virgin, I think it goes against the grain to jump right into this with my thoughts.

So what the hell am I doing in Los Angeles? I ask myself this question from time to time when trying to call my family and friends...life in this time zone just doesn't make sense. When I first got here, I was pleased to find that normal life does exist in LA. Of course, this was only week one. I later discovered that LA is filled with a bunce of poor people trying to be far more important than they are. The women here wear pounds of makeup and mountains of "indian" hair weave (yes, in the city of LA there is only one type of "proper" weave). The guys here all texturize their hair to achieve the "naturally curly" look, however, they all just look like wet puppies. To aide my LA initiation, I had to pleasure of being close in range to gunshots and quickly jumping into a hallway and away from the windows to escape what could have been my death. If I were a business woman, I would swiftly transition my line of work to the mercedes corporation. People here drive mercedes vehicles like they're hondas. This doesn't ad up because the school system here is the worst. What are the values of the residents?

On a lighter note, I have a few concerns...

1. With all the image consciousness and "high-living", why can't I find an amazing hair stylist that takes American Express? (its LA, who uses cash anymore?)

2. Why do all the black men here date non-black women? Is this what I should expect and look forward to?

3. What is life going to be like without 505? If you don't know who they are...this does not apply to you.


The good part of all of this...I am excited about my new life in Los Angeles. I do not have low expectations for my life here and I am ecstatic about the prospect of meeting new people.

I think I should blog at earlier times...late night blogging is really a bunch of random thoughts. Plus, I am getting too old for this late night ***t.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home