Tuesday, March 06, 2007

The heart of a child

I'm jealous of children. While taking care of adult business, extracting money from my adult account to pay bills, a little girl was in the bank with her mom singing "five dollars...i got five dollars...ten dollars...I got ten dollars." It was the sweetest little sound and she made you want to get corny and sing along with her. As the cute little black girl sang her money song, a six year old latino boy cruised by on his sneaker skates. How cool is that? Sometimes you feel like walking...sometimes you just want to roll on by. These kids didn't have a care in the world and I'm busy thinking...rent $$$$, cell phone bill$$, car note$$$, car insurance$$$, etc. I want to be a kid again. I want to wake up on Saturday mornings watching Garfield and friends with a heaping bowl of apple jacks and the funny papers. Lets go back to the days of waking up on weekend mornings at 8:00am to arrive at ballet by 9:00am, jazz at 10:00am, and modern at 11:40am. Remember when you were excited about your birthday party because all your school friends were there to enjoy the clown with you? Now we're just thanking God for another year of life. lol I'm going to back to childhood and I'm bringing my cabbage patch kid named "Bobbie Daryl" with my matching Cabbage Patch themed Big Wheel. Hell, I might even bring Teddy Ruxpin!

3 Comments:

At 3:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll bring my glowworm and cabbage patch, Ernest.

 
At 1:24 PM, Blogger enigma said...

I bet you weren't up on "lite brite" lol!!!

 
At 7:38 AM, Blogger viridiansun said...

wow, Apple Jacks on and Garfield on Saturday morning. My memory is horrible, you just gave that one back to me... and I'm SO grateful.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home