Monday, October 30, 2006

Dessert

I wish it were as easy as a heart shaped cookie...you know, throw a little icing on top and its all perfect. What its really like is mud pie. Awful taste, messy, and thrown together; a dessert children create to think they are cooking. No one really eats it...you just pretend like you will. Well, I think I have ended up with a heaping slice of this bullshit on my plate and I'm not sure how it got here. Now it yearns for me in the hours of morning still classified as night. I felt it pulling at my pants in this morning's night and I rolled over to ignore the request. Requests are denied because my appetite is in turmoil. Eat it? Fast from it? I need to choose. Mud pie can be deceiving because it looks like chocolatey goodness but after you taste...you loose interest because it taste like a counterfeit. It tastes like lies. I think about others I know who have sacrificed taste and opted to settle for any dessert available. No, all desserts do not fit a particular prototype, however, when is it okay to try something new? My favorite desserts have great crusts. There's something about a solid foundation. But,what if I come across a Jello cup? I'd probably pass it by. Jello isn't strong enough and a lot of us get caught up with Jello. Jello is too quick. If you leave Jello out too long, put through trials and tribulations, it'll dissolve. I can't have that. I really want to dump this LA mudpie i've been eating. It'd be nice to have a slice of my DC pie or my Chi-town cobbler. Yeah...that would be much better.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home