Wednesday, September 06, 2006

B'day

I haven't been this excited about a CD since Lauryn Hill's Miseducation. B'day has made my last two days. Although I don't find every song to be a hit, I'm feeling the following songs because of the following lines:

Upgrade U "I can do for you what Martin did for the people...your hand can't fit in your new purse"

Suga Mama "damn...that was so good I'm thinking about buying him a short set"

Kitty Kat "Let's go lil kitty kat...he don't want no mo" (I know ...not a big deal alone but in the song...man, so for real)

Get Me Bodied "no particular line...but the beat...I'm Josephine johnnying right now)

Resentment (every woman has been here before...some are still recovering) "I know she was attractive but I was here first..."

Irreplaceable "i can have another you in a minute...matter fact, he'll be here in a minute"

Ring the Alarm "and I know you give it to her like you gave it to me, c'mon....you ain't never seen a fire like the one I'ma cause"

Not in this order but the CD is the jump-off. B's so bad...that she didn't have to make every song a ballad. She has established herself as a singer already and decided to be grown.


Cop that!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home