Saturday, May 27, 2006

Is the blog dying?...updates

Is blog world gone? It seems like so much has been happening in life that blog matters aren't so important. The blog for me was a place to express my thoughts and creatively release all the bull*ish from my mind. I have been looking around the web and seeing the blogs of others being neglected...a lot like my own. Most of the things I've been thinking about lately weren't appropriate for public display. There are, however, a few things that I've observed and experienced that are blog worthy:

1. White kids trying to gang bang: At the House of Blues-Anaheim (the OC for the uninformed), a friend and I were taking in a little T.I. when we noticed we were surrounded by white kids with bandanas and fitted caps cocked to the side. Since we both teach in South Central, we cracked up laughing at the fact that we have students (7th-12th grade) who are REAL gangbangers (22nd street Crips). We laughed harder picturing our students "bangin'" on these fake thugs:
Student: "What's up fool? What set you from?"

2. TI:The motivated ATLien is short as hell. His big voice, southern drawl, and cute face make him seem so much bigger than he really is. This concert was my first rap concert and first time at the House of Blues anywhere. It seems like I would make plans to go but other things were always more important. This summer...concerts are on the rotation.

3. Young Jock: LAME. He preceded TI and his entire was lame. It was like watching Young Jeezy perform when he was ten. The only thing that made his portion of the show pop was the DJ playing everyone elses hits. Oh, yeah...there was that shoulder bop that I am feeling right now.

4. Snowbunnies: Everyone black guy in the OC has a white girl. But I realized that non-black girls are far more affectionate than black women. Maybe I realized this because I am not a PDA person and you really don't see black girls kissing and hugging their guys in public...are we losing out? hmmm (E-40: "Whhhhhhhiiiiiiitttteee girl...white girl, white girl...wwwwhhhhhhiiiiiiittttteeeee girl!)

5. Laguna Beach: Why didn't I ever watch this show? I am falling in love with the re-runs and I will definitely be in front of the screen to stalk "The Hills" when it airs on Wednesday.

6. Leigh's coming to visit...YAY!!!!

7.cherise is still the homie...

8. ummmm...I'm a Delta:)

9. My mother and I went on our first mother/daughter vacation and i look forward to many more.

10. First generation bourgie is now underway:) (that's for the homie from the A-U-Geezy)

4 Comments:

At 12:33 PM, Blogger ? said...

was i never NOT the homey??...

 
At 4:01 PM, Blogger enigma said...

you just always solidify your post as my bottom B*!^#

 
At 12:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah you should work on that pda thing I love pda I think public affection makes relationships stronger...it means the person must really like u cause if they didn't they wouldn't wanna be seen kissing u or holding ur hand in public (food for thought)

 
At 11:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not sure where to post this but I wanted to ask if anyone has heard of National Clicks?

Can someone help me find it?

Overheard some co-workers talking about it all week but didn't have time to ask so I thought I would post it here to see if someone could help me out.

Seems to be getting alot of buzz right now.

Thanks

 

Post a Comment

<< Home