Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Back to Business

I am excited to revisit blog world today because I have held my thoughts for far too long. You ever have those times when you observe a scenario or have a thought you deem "bloggable"? I have had so many moments like this in the last two months, however, I was unable to remember them all. Please enjoy the ones that have seemed to store:

Moment #1: Airport Etiquette

Southwest Airlines is great because they make it possible for everyone to feel as if they are flying first class. They don't designate seats, although they do allow you board the plane in the order in which you checked in and received a printed boarding pass. The categories are broken into class A, B, and C. On a returning flight from Dallas, TX to Los Angeles, CA, I prided myself on having reserved my spot the night before my flight guaranteeing that I would have A-Class status upon my arrival. To my dismay, there were like 1,000 other people with A-Class standing!! I was pissed. So I positioned myself to stand in line before everyone else lined up. I'll be damned if this chick who was seated near the line didn't stand in front of me as if her seat was a part of the line!!! If I didn't have issues with being mean to people before taking a flight, I would've cussed her out. Moreover, if my name was something like LaKeta or Shanequa I would've beat her up!!

Since everyone flies first class on Southwest, the seating upon boarding is always open. However, there are unspoken rules. For example, when choosing a window seat, its okay to have some one sit in the aisle seat on your row. It is also appropriate to leave your things in the middle seat as a sign to others that they need to keep walking. Do not make eye contact with any of the remaining boarding passengers and feign slumber.


Moment #2: Three Six Mafia

Was I the only person that was ashamed for Negroes when they won? It seemed like they were being made a spectacle at the Oscars. I don't if they were really embraced or made fun of...thoughts?



Moment #3: Too old for foolishness

So, I encountered a woman who stated publicly that she was so busy at a particular event that she didn't have time to change her underwear. She's about 50+. An age I deem too old to forget you need to clean yourself and replace your panties...I mean you've been doing this act (hopefully) for the past 50 years...nothings new.


Moment #4: Juve the Great

There are some songs that come on the radio that immediately make even the classiest woman want to become a honey blond weave draped stripper with a big butt. I was sharing with a friend there are a number of rappers upon hearing their voices, I'm not sure that I would remember my morals or religious values. In fact, I might do whatever the hell these dudes tell me to do (not cuz they're HOT but because of their VOICES):

Juvenile
Ludacris
Paul Wall (his white ass would get it!!)
Bun-B
TI
Slim Thug

*notice they are all from the south!

DOC

7 Comments:

At 8:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How you keep saying no when your panties so wet?!?!

 
At 9:56 AM, Blogger enigma said...

hmmm...thats a weird comment. I don't know who you are but maybe you didn't organize your thoughts well...

 
At 10:13 AM, Blogger ? said...

who the hell is the weirdo that made that comment? Please stay anonymous

 
At 11:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yea..Anonymous needs to stop the madness... Anyway, when 36Mafia won, I bowed my head and def felt like the joke was on US... Same way Denzel has done plenty of poignantly delivered roles before the crooked-cop role in Training Day and Halle has done some good stuff (lol) prior to her droppin her clothes...yet those are the roles they got the Oscar's for. And that 50+ lady was CUTTING UP!!! Like, who does that and then ADMITS to it? And lastly, I know a few ppl/rappers or not who could get it! lol. Let me stop. Anyway, love you back!

 
At 3:03 PM, Blogger T said...

I'm kinda mad that another '05 Spelmanite was in the area and I didn't know it...

Its hard out here for a pimp!

 
At 7:05 PM, Blogger enigma said...

my bad teakay...and I understand it is hard in the metroplex for a pimp

 
At 9:31 PM, Blogger enigma said...

ohhhh....it took a while for that song to make it to the west coast. I understand now anonymous

 

Post a Comment

<< Home