Sunday, August 27, 2006

MOJO

Looks aren't everything. When it comes to men its important to keep this in mind because trends reinforce that guys don't have to be HOT to get women. Take Bigga for example (B and Jay)...Sean Carter is no looker. In fact, many moons ago (minus the dough) his teeth were horrific. Other examples include Faith Evans and Frank White (Christopher "Notorious B.I.G." Wallace), Heidi Klum and Seal, Kimora and Russell...the list goes on. What these men have in common is something they refer to in the south as "swagger". "Swagger" is that little something that takes ugly guys and transforms them into desirable magnets to be craved by women. It's the way he walks into a room and commands the attention of the room. It's the way he speaks, his confidence, his touch. I'll simplify it: Have you ever been in a club and passed by a guy who was trying to reach his crew just as you were approaching yours and as you crossed each other he placed his hand at the small of your back to say "Excuse me, sweetheart"? It's swagger that led his hand to the small of your back instead of your shoulder or your neck or some other unsexy spot on your body. Swagger is the absence of being thirsty...non-thirsty guys get their thirsts quenched.
I went out with a guy once whom I didn't find initially attractive and I scrambled my brain to figure out why. Everything I liked was present...he was tall, thick, brown, educated, employed, and Christian. What more could you ask? Something was missing. He had good conversation. I had to call 505 to help me figure out why I couldn't get with the program. Truth is: He didn't have that extra dose of "man-juice", "mojo", "swagger". he didn't touch me in strategic places. he didn't make me want to let him lead. he lacked that ounce of testosterone that would make me want to cater to him. Reviewing my dating history...every guy I've liked has had that special something about them that made them desirable. No, looks aren't everything but attitude is. For all you guys out there...think about how you do your "grown man".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home