Wednesday, June 07, 2006

gel and weave...gel and weave

My inner ghetto has re-discovered a housing project classic- "Doo-Doo gel"!!!! I had to find a way to exercise without worrying about my press. The ponytail just wasn't right using Jam and the nice wooden hair brush. Something stronger was necessary and I found it on the aisle in the Korean beauty supply store next to the hard plastic brushes. My soul felt right again...there was hope for me:) As I stood in the mirror as my rough edges turned smooth (gel, water, plastic brush, and old toothbrush combination for the "baby hair"), I gloried for like five minutes. After promptly wrapping my hair in a tight scarf for emphasis, I reminisced of my Chicago days when you weren't cool unless you had a "fan" ponytail. Then Chicago hood hair evolved into the weave ponytail and finger waves (all of these do's wouldn't have been possible w/o "Doo-Doo Gel). So thank you Doo-Doo gel for holding it down all these years and keeping the hood alive. Some little girl named Shaquanetta in Cabrini Green thanks you as well:)

DOC

2 Comments:

At 10:46 AM, Blogger ? said...

I hated the 'fan'...with a passion.

 
At 10:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yra, the fan even made it's way to minnesota. but um, that doo doo gel? yea, i reluctantly admit that i have used it recently too...and thank God for it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home