Friday, August 10, 2007

One is the Magic Number...well, maybe 29 is

As my students pretend to search the internet for monologues to recite for a class presentation, my boredom has lured me to the blog. So, as I bite my homie's blog style, I'll begin with the following:

Song Lyric of the Day: "Pelican brief these N***as on who I be/before the fame and the money, n***as knew Rasheed/... Sometimes we find peace in beats and breaks/Bump the cadillac music for the People's sake/the people"



Quote of the day: "It burns going in and it stings coming out...you don't want it girl, you don't want it!" - A friend on how to respond to other women who ask about the quality of your man's sex. lmao


Remember when...the bulls won the championship three years in a row then took a break for a year and came back to win three years in a row? Remember how crazy Chicago was then?


My life these days is filled with LSATing and setting up the new apt. I am feeling better about this whole LSAT studying thing and my test-taking confidence has increased. At this phase in the game, I see two potential concerns: timing and remembering all the strategies for everything. Reading through the jargon has become easier. My new apartment is nice and I'm very excited about decorating it; however, I wish I could be done with all the "set-up" stuff now. Its nothing like coming home from work knowing you are still living out of boxes. Good home decor takes time and I need the patience to make it happen. Should I play B. Smith or should I just focus on the LSAT? I'll choose the latter. I guess no one will be visiting for jerk chicken and white sangria for a while. Two more of my friends are moving on the next chapters in their lives and separation is bittersweet. The thing that blows about saying "see you later" to those who have won a space in your heart (in the sense that they feel like family) is that you don't really know if life always has a "see you later". Personally, I think I'm ready to move on from a transitioned love, 25 is around the corner and I am not ready, and its time to reposition myself to become a property owner.

1 Comments:

At 1:40 PM, Blogger T said...

Haven't read in a long long while, but glad to see you are still blogging!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home