Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Crowded Mental Space

I think my lsat prep teacher is ignorant to the social commentary that non-white ethnic groups find offensive. I'm filling in the blank for her in efforts to avoid calling her racist. I didn't go to lsat class tonight, not because of her, but because I needed to make another quality decision. I've trapped myself in my home for the day in efforts to study in a quiet space. Everything in the distraction of nothing has distracted me, for example, my bed, cooking lunch, and the internet. Optimism describes my sentiments about the LSAT, but my optimism is challenged by time restrictions and increasing the number of problems I answer correctly. My mind is troubled by a few things:

1. Where the hell is my mail? I moved in almost three weeks ago and have received about three letters. I'll assume I only have three bills.

2. Can I register for the LSAT before seats run out in LA?
3. I need to set up my apartment ASAP (complete with a desk, bookcase, television, etc). For some reason my current half boxed/half unpacked set-up is handicapping my mental clarity.
4. my master's degree was cancelled. I discovered this a few days ago when I requested a transcript. One forgetful teacher ruins the bunch... all it takes is for her to change an incomplete from a YEAR AGO into a grade...simple.
5. Who will I ask for recommendation letters? I don't think Spelman College fostered the kind of environment where those out of the Atlanta metro area can refer back to a treasured professor who'd remember enough outstanding qualities about them to write a heartfelt letter of "I want you to succeed". Hmmm...
6. My car needs work (or replacement). I don't smoke/exhaust is supposed to come from the vents when the AC is on.
7. I'm keeping a daily food journal.
8. I need that new Kanye and the Keyshia Cole song on my iPod pronto..."nah, nah, nah, nah...wait 'til I get my $$$ right"
9. My LSAT goal is 170. I keep getting logical reasoning problems wrong and that bothers me.
10. When I get my raise...I need to increase my credit score.
11. I need to plan my 25th Birthday party.
12. I need to write a personal statement.

How do you stay focused on the task at hand when your mind is foggy?

1 Comments:

At 9:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey.. someone at Spelman did reach back to one of our profs for a reference and got one! But yeah, doesn't it suck that u even have to ask that question? Definitely a failing of Spelman, in my opinion...hope all is well! See you Oct 20th ?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home