Monday, October 10, 2005

the alumnae meeting

Now I am official...I have attended my first Spelman Alumnae meeting. I must say it was a little disappointing because the wonderful women I experienced Spelman with weren't present. There was no one there who remembered the night Leigh called someone ugly and a lamp mysterious fell on her face shortly after...no spelman sister was present who recalled the nights when HH Phi Beta (penthouse northside) was "super-saved" and used to hold prayer on Sunday in 317. Nonetheless, I was blessed to in the company of women who discovered life in our beloved community. Although I don't plan to live in Los Angeles long, I do look forward to being involved in the local chapter. For all of my other recent graduates, join the alumnae association. It does a soul good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home