Friday, October 07, 2005

random commentary pt.2

I am tired. I have a million and one things to do and I think I may need a body double. I need one of me to stay in LA, manage my financial budget, dodge the police (i don't have car insurance yet:), prepare for the GRE, complete my assignments for Grad school, and decorate my bedroom. I need another me to miraculously lose 120lbs, fly to atlanta, pamper me, get a new look, buy new clothes, and look(& feel) absolutely fabulous for homecoming 2005. Realistically, this shit is not about to pop off the way I planned. The weird part is ...I have the money to go to atlanta and have a good time. The real reason I am not going is because I don't feel like I have accomplished my short-term personal goals. Adulthood is the time in your life (so I am discovering) when you make choices...go to homecoming and kick it...or stay in LA relieve yourself of some debt and study. You make the call.

I am a little lonely today. I need an STD (something to do) type of guy. One of those...lets hang out and go to the movies/lets be affectionate/dinner date type of friends. I think R. Kelly called them "homie/lover/friends".

I am excited about the Spelman alumnae meeting this weekend. I bought a bed today and I have a really creative idea about my bedroom decor. I found a dark bamboo stick bundle at Pier 1 and I plan to purchase some eccentric fabric (primarily bold solid colors and rich prints) to drape around the bamboo rods. Its like a "mock headboard". My bookclub meeting is this weekend and I have been waiting in anticipation since I joined. Our feature book of the month is entitled NAKED. To say the least, reading about the experiences of other women as they share their stories about body image and blackness has sparked a myriad of thoughts within me. Everybody loves Chris is funny as hell...its the reason I rush home on Thursday. Don't you miss rushing home to watch quality TV? Remember when you had to be at home from 7pm to 9pm Friday night (no matter what was going on) because it was TGIF and it all began with Steve Urkel (or Stephan Urkell). Ahhh...when TV keep us out the streets. My new obsession...I really want an IPOD nano. Call me a loser for suggestive selling but I really really really really really really really really really really really WANT ONE!!!! In fact...thats my new birthday wish. I need a new PC also. Ummm....i'm running all over the place now. I'll end the torture.

DOC

2 Comments:

At 10:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I feel you on the homecoming thing, I too have not reached personal adult goals... Everybody hates chris IS the shit.. and I'm doging the police for my expired tags. LOL! Keep writing :)

 
At 6:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Girl dont you EVER use STD as and acronym for ANYTHING!!!. I might take a trip back to the northeast instead of going to homecoming. Im proud of you for being grown enough to use your money toward debt...very mature of you; LOL Besides you know you a balla when you go back for SENIOR WEEK!!!lol....cause EVERYBODY can go for homecoming but only the grown and sexy in crowd take off in the middle of the week to go to the black and white party..lmao

 

Post a Comment

<< Home