Saturday, October 01, 2005

The Nightlife

I had the pleasure of experiencing a taste of LA "nightlife" this evening. When darkness fell over the city, I was sitting in the backrow at the Conga Room waiting for a love poet/live music event to begin. When I walked through the door, I realized that my friends and I were the only ones able to classify ourselves in the 21-25 age group. Can you see some 40+somethings dancing to Trillville "Some Cut". Not a pleasing sight to say the very least. When the show began I noticed two things off top: the sister with her entire back out (including her back's back...she didn't need to have on that catsuit), and the sister with her BELLY out (not simply a stomach). I am not by any means the fashion police, however, I am the "big gul in the wrong ensemble" police. PUT SOME DAMN CLOTHES ON!!! As a member of the big girl crew, I feel comfortable in advising my sisters to CAMOUFLAGE! Colors and sizes should be our friends not our enemies. More important than clothing, I realized that everyone in LA has a miniscule claim to fame. Before one performer did her thing, she was introduced like so...
announcer:"Do you all remember the song 'Brenda's got a Baby'?" "Well, our next performer sang the hook on that song. Give her a hand."

Now it may just be me...but wasn't that a dude singing the hook on that track?hmmmm (reesy google this please)

To add insult to injury, the announcer said and here with her tonight is Tupac's brother. All due respect to Pac, but do you want to spend your life introduced as "Pac's brother". What's your name son? and what do you do as an individual that you need introduction?hmmm

My new name is Mike Jones because my ass is hot in LA. I met an interesting fellow this evening...a college drop-out. Sounds promising. lol

Til next time

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home