Friday, October 14, 2005

The Gospel

I took myself on a date tonight to see the Gospel and I am not sure what I was expecting, but I left with more than I would've thought. Lust carried my interest at the onset of the film because Boris (God bless his parents!!) and Idris Elba are soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fine! I had to catch myself from lusting after Nicole Ari Parker-Kodjoe's husband! I mean, I left the movie theater tonight thinking, I have to marry a black man (hands down). After my hormones subsided, I was able to take a spiritual/positive message from the movie: The only way to come to God is honestly with humility. Its funny how you become an adult, gain "experiences", and allow these encounters (especially the bad) with people (flawed and unreliable) to shape your heart. These experiences we all go through keep us from loving ourselves, trusting others, and believing in the greater good. We speak negatively about things we once hoped for. I think this is where I found myself within the last couple of months. To say the least, I saw myself in this film. As Boris ran away from everything he knew to be true, it all culminated with him having to face God by himself. He had to face his confusion, his fears, uncertainty, and indiscretions. The beautiful aspect of this is that he never put on a facade for God. I believe that God honors truth (whatever your personal truth means). The people who act like they are super self-righteous as the ones God despises.

No more thoughts....just inspiration for change.
DOC

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home