Sunday, November 25, 2007

An addendum to the Psalms

When I was able to see the Lord again, there was great weeping
but only from my eyes.
When I found the strength to stop hiding from him, shackles were broken
but only on my side.
Looking over the shackles that restrained my beautiful feet, I saw the names of them...
the countless men, things, agendas, degrees, accomplishments that were no longer important because they didn't include HIM.
As one hand released my earthly concerns, the other became weighted down by grace, mercy, favor, patience, peace, and most importantly love.
Needless to say, I had to let my worldly cares go in order to carry God's goodness. And,
needless to say, I'm choosing to walk away from some people and things if HE doesn't choose them. The beautiful part is that the empty place these items occupied is completely filled with newness, so it doesn't hurt to lose them.
I'm free... free because I choose to be and God said I could.
Free because whatever has my name on it in this life is already mine and will be mine for good.
When I'm placed before Kings, it'll be because my gifts have made room for me.
Tonight I look forward to sleeping better because consumed I won't be.


"Except the Lord build the house, the laborers work in vain" because only a house that the Lord builds will stand.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home