Monday, November 21, 2005

ADHD

When I get off work everyday, my plan looks a little like this:

Leave work, lesson plan, make copies for tomorrow's class, eat dinner, iron my clothes for tomorrow, go to bed.


When I get off work, this is what actually happens: (in this order)

Drive home (3:40p), leave my class materials in the car, plug in the MAC, sign on to www.facebook.com, feed new obsession with photo galleries and updates, ooohhh, new messages. Did she/he respond to my message? Look at so and so in that pic...he looks much better than he did in school? Why did she put up that photo? Damn, can you un-tag my name from that pic? No he didn't say that shit on my wall...

(its now 5:45p...if i sign off now, I can lesson plan at starbucks)

just gotta check my email...www.aol.com, nothing good. Back to facebook, no new messages...who's got a new blog up? Damn, WAR and PEACE is funny as hell!!! Strictly Business...not so much business lately. The Last Prince...never thought about life that way before. Ahhh....bonding through the online journal, nothing like it. I should update my blog...nah, nothing to say at the moment. I'll wait. Sure don't feel like lesson planning.

(take a break...time check:7:00pm)

Juggling between facebook and iChat. Effing AIM. IM Whizdilla...whats good in Atl. Cuzzo IMs me. I finally open MS Word for MAC. Melaniepgc IMs me to tell me she has taken up baking. Close MS Word to congratulate the southern lady refining her skills. (don't feel like doing this lesson plan shit...why am I in Teach for America and grad school at the same time anyway?) Should have gone to NY. Who moves to LA? (sigh...)

(Time check: 9:30p)

Holla at El Pollo Loco...cooking isn't an option. Start thinking about ways to stretch out today's lesson into tomorrow's lesson objective. Copies...i'll have my TA make them when I get there in the morning. Outfit for tomorrow...i'll figure it out when I get up.

*mental note: need to create an LSAT study schedule pronto.

(Time Check: 11:07p)

Final facebook check: updates...two that catch my eye. She's single without a link to his page; He has no status...no link to hers.

Enough for tonight...Time check: 11:30p

On to another day.

2 Comments:

At 2:41 PM, Blogger The LastPrince2 said...

Damn you Facebook for ruining my life!!! Its like a bad relationship you just cant get out of.

 
At 7:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

LSAT study schedules are highly overrated. i suppose the fact that i wasn't working at the time i did "study" betrays my comment, though.

in any case, people do well. adrenaline will put you over the top.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home