Saturday, November 05, 2005

The Empty Dream

I had the oddest dream last night. As I seek to congeal my thoughts and analyze what occurred, maybe my faithful blog readers can assist me.

The Dream

For some reason, i am with my family at some posh restaurant waiting for others to arrive. As more of my relatives arrived and greeted me, it dawned on me why they were present. They flew from everywhere because everyone was under the impression that I was getting married. My mother was beaming. My grandmother ecstatic. My close cousins and childhood playmates arrived and we walked about the restaurant arm in arm reminiscing. Internally, I felt disturbed because everyone was present and having a great time at this familial midday pre-wedding weekend brunch except one person--this "soon-to-be" husband of mine. I had no recollection of who this person was supposed to be. I was so happy to see all of my family that I never recognized that I was not engaged, not in a meaningful relationship, nor did I know anyone who had an interest. The peculiar part of it all is no one asked about "him". How does one marry without a significant other? Was this a spiritual marriage? What does it all mean?


Post your thoughts...I'm listening

3 Comments:

At 6:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

maybe you were getting married to yourself...mmmm....marinate on that

 
At 7:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

P.S. Its not necessarily wrong to think that someone will cheat on you off top...but it definitely shouldnt be what you are thinking about when first start off...thats not a good look

 
At 7:35 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

One could look at this in a number of ways....

1)Marriage to yourself...perhaps this represents you finally coming into true happiness with who you are. The people are those close to you and are there in support and are helping you "celebrate" this new achievement in seeing what they saw all along...(deep, i know)

2)Spiritual Marriage....perhaps you are becoming closer to GOD. The bible says that when He returns the church is to be His bride...so consider that. (even deeper)

3)I could also see Krystle's second point in acknowledging there is a void that you are seeking to fill.

Just some other possibilities and points to ponder....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home